Thursday, March 13, 2008

"The Kids"

Well, Kynadi's creativity never ceases to amaze me. Just lately she has decided she has pretend friends. She calls them "the kids". I think they first came about last week at church when Grandma brought her home. She made sure grandma buckled them up and told Grandma all about them. When I heard about this I thought it was cute....that was until the next day when "the kids" came with us to run errands.
I went to get my car registered and while we where there Kynadi was playing with the door. I was afraid she was going to smash her hands so I told her to come in the room all the way and sit on the couch. She then explained to me, very seriously, almost upset, that "the kids" were still out there (meaning in the hall) and that she was just waiting for them to come in. So I told her to get the kids in and have them sit on the couch with her. So she told the kids what needed to happen and she got on the couch along with "the kids". She was sitting there very content with the kids. Then a woman came in and sat right down on the couch...Squashing the kids!!! I'm sure she didn't mean to, in fact she acted like she didn't even see them, (go figure) . Anyway, I thought this was going to cause trauma for Kynadi and I looked at her and she looked at me a bit concerned, but then she continued to smile and be happy. She didn't say anything at this point and I was quite relieved she let this incident slide by. Well, a little later when I had finally finished, I turned to Kynadi and told her to come on. She started to follow me out the door, but in the door way she must have realized "the kids" were not following her. She suddenly turned around and sternly talked to the kids, "Kids!, Kids!" She was quite upset with them for not coming like they were supposed to. Sooooo funny! There was a line of people watching and of course there were some laughs at this whole incident. Well, once we got the kids out the door, we had to make sure they got in the car with us and Kynadi let me know they were buckled up next to her. Then off to the post office.
The post office was about the same. We had the same incident of "the kids" not following us out the door when we were ready to leave. Kynadi again turns around (to nothing) and starts trying to get the kids attention. "Kids, Kids!" she'd say. The second "kid" was said with much more sternness and annoyance in her voice. It was so funny, yet a bit annoying at the same time. It's one thing for your child to have a pretend friend, it's a much different thing to have to wait for these friends everywhere we go!
Well, "the Kids" have continued to be with us throughout this week doing many different things. Kynadi will constantly remind me about them, where they are and if they need to come with us. It's definitely something I hope I always remember. I never thought such a young child could have such a HUGE imagination.

1 comment:

Brynn said...

hahahaha the stupid kids that is sooo funny!!! LIike taking care of two kids isn't enough now you have a few more who always seem to be messing around and you can't even see what they are doing.