Sunday, August 5, 2007

Introducing...Brooklyn Fairchild

Well, I had just gone to sleep for the night on July 5th, when I woke up to wet pants! I had broken myself of wetting the bed long ago (unlike some of my sisters) so I knew my water must have broken. I then started to panic, as I was not ready for this baby to come. It was two weeks before her due date and I had not prepared myself mentally for giving birth. It was too late though, so I woke John up in my panic. It was the middle of the night and unfortuneatly my parents (our babysitters for Kynadi) were out of town visiting Mindy and Kelsey, so we had to wake poor little Kynadi up and haul her off to the hospital with us. We checked in and went straight to a room where I stayed the rest of the night.




The night was fairly uneventful. At some point during the night my Mom and Dad had driven back from Laramie and picked up Kynadi--thankfully. Well, I was having contractions, but apparently they weren't enough to call the anesthesiologist. The hospital in Boise gave me a nice good epidural before they even checked to see how far dialated I was, but not in good old Rock Springs, they must have wanted me to feel pain before I got the epidural. So anyway, I sat all night watching the clock, waiting for it to be 6:00 am when the anesthesiologist would finally be in for work....not a fun wait.


So anyway I finally got the epidural at around 7:00. It was great at first, but did not last long and soon I was in pain again. The nurses insisted that the baby must be getting lower and thus the pain was lower where the epidural wasn't as strong...this didn't fly with me since I couldn't even feel my legs with Kynadi. But it didn't matter and after shedding a few tears of pain, John got the nurse to have her check on me. My docotor ended up coming in too and she said the baby was coming so they took me to the delivery room. This was a short, PAINFUL stay but after only 3 rounds of pushing little baby Brooklyn was born just after 9:00am.




Brooklyn was born on July 6, 2007(yes she must have her mother's luck because she missed being born on the luckiest day in history-7/7/07 ) She weighed in at 6lbs 14oz, much smaller than Kynadi who was 8lbs 8oz. This is a good thing too, since the epidural was not up to par. I didn't want to feel a thing, yet I did and it HURT!!! She came much faster than Kynadi though so I will be grateful for that. Most importantly everything went well, and we were both healthy and doing well.

2 comments:

Janalyn said...

Congratulations to the whole fam! Your girls are adorable.

Anniebanannie said...

Glad you and baby survived delivering a baby in Rock Springs.