Monday, August 27, 2007

Kynadi's 2nd Birthday

Kynadi had her 2nd birthday at the end of July. I think it was perfect timing to be able to have a day just for her since all the attention had been on the new baby. She is such sweet little girl and has been such a GREAT big sister, but I was feeling bad and was excited to focus just on her. I had been telling her that her birthday was coming and we made a little paper count-down so she would know when it arrived. I'm not quite sure she understood completely but it was so cute to watch her get excited each day about tearing off a piece of her "happy day count down" (as she called it). We also tried to get her excited about her birthday by asking her what she wanted for her birthday, and everytime I asked she told me "Cake". She obviously takes after me if all she wants is food!
Well, when she finally woke up on her birthday I showed her that there was only one loop left on the count-down so it was finally her birthday. She got excited, but was especially excited when I took her upstairs and she saw the balloons decorated over the table, and the CAKE she had been hoping for. I decorated the cake late the night before and it looked terrible (as you can see), but she loved it!!


That night we went to a park in RS to have a picnic, since she loves them. The weather turned bad on us though so we had to cut things short. When we got back home we finished opening her presents and the last one was her new bed, which I think I was more excited for than anyone. She was pretty happy for it though, but mostly because she loved jumping on it.
Then, the best part of her birthday (in a mother's eye) was when she threw her binki in the garbage. She had NEVER taken a binki as a baby and when we were packing boxes to move, she found this one binki and started sucking on it. At the time I let her because I thought she was getting her final teeth in and I figured it probably felt good to chew on. But then she became addicted!! YIKES! So I came up with a plan. I began preparing her for the day she turned two because then she would be a "big girl" and wouldn't need a binki anymore. We planned to throw it away on her birthday, which she seemed fine with when we talked about it, but I was a bit nervous to see how the actual event would take place. Surprisingly enough the tactic worked. That night, before she went to sleep in "the big girl bed", she threw the binki in the garbage. I think deep down she didn't want to let go but we tried to make it a good thing and she went right a long with it and she hasn't really mentioned it since. Actually, tonight was one of the first nights I have heard anything about it. She randomly just told me she wants to be little and have a binki again. It was too cute!!!




So our little Kynadi Bean is growing up fast. She is at such a cute stage and I love having her as my little buddy each day.




8 comments:

Danielle said...

If she was really taking after you wouldn't she want Pasta Roni instead? Ha ha

Joan Fairchild said...

My first birthday gift! Couldn't ask for a better one! We are looking forward to all the hugs and kisses grandpa and I can get this weekend when we arrive!

Holly said...

Shannon, she doesn't look anything like me! Maybe that's why she's so cute? Wish we could be there this weekend but we'll have to get together sometime, Ethan sure misses his Kynadi.

Janalyn said...

You call her Kynadi Bean??! We call our big girl Maya Bean! Wow, we must be friends or something.
You're a genius mom with the binky thing.
Rock Springs - so no more Utah? (maybe we're not that great of friends afterall aye?) ;) Fill me in on that story sometime.

Mindy and Kelsey said...

what a funny looking kid

Danielle said...

Hey it is time to update again!

Brynn said...

wow shannon really like taht cake, the frosty looks like the best part. are you a professional be honest
Brynn

Brynn said...

So did Kidney Bean pick out the bed? Im sure she was just dying to have it. I mean if she is like most two year olds, all they ever talk about is getting a new bed frame and pillow top mattress. What a lucky girl!