Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Christmas

I just realized I never posted anything about Christmas. Our Christmas was pretty fun this year. I was exhausted, from having Linken, but Kynadi was so excited, you couldn't help but be excited too.
I thought I had everything ready before hand, since I didn't know when Linken would be popping out, but I was still up until like 2:00 in the morning wrapping and doing things.
We spent the night at my parents house since Kelsey and Mindy were there. We figured it would be more fun for the girls that way.
Kelsey was with Spence for Christmas Eve and Mindy told him to have Kels back at our parents house by 6:30 the next moring. I figured Spence would be late, and my kids wouldn't be up until 7:30-8:00. But no luck. Brooklyn was up at 6:30, as if she knew thats what we had told Spence. Anyway, the girls had fun. They got too much. They didn't even realize half the toys they had recieved. Kynadi would have been happy if she would have gotten Play-dough and nothing else. It made me realize that I don't have to do so much to make them happy. I recieved my one want too...certificates to go to the rec and get this flabby body back in shape. Thanks Mom and John. And John recieved his Playstation 3...although I guess it wasn't a Christmas gift, he ruined that, but he got it the day before Christmas. So all the gifts were good, and as I'm typing this I feel like the true meaning of Christmas was lost!

Anyway here are a few pics.











Brynn...I thought you would appreciate mom wearing your apron.
Here's mom's tree we harrassed her about. Notice there are no ornaments, half the lights don't work, and the bow topper looks great! LOL At least there was a tree at all.


This is what John and Linken looked like at 6:30 in the morning, trying to get up to see what Santa brought.
The video is of Brooklyn unwrapping a gift. Dad has always been a Nazi about the wrapping paper being thrown into the garbage bag, and Brooklyn seemed to pick right up on it and was just as particular. The only problem is that when she unwraps, as you can see, her pieces are a bit small. We would have been there all day if we would have let her continue like this on every gift!

i

2 comments:

Holly said...

Glad you had a fun Christmas, isn't Play-Dough the greatest? Ethan got a huge canister from his cousin with all kinds of toys/tools to use with the Play-Dough that came with it and that's been keeping him occupied for quite awhile!

Mike and Quel said...

K I totally forgot you had a blog! I was on Tonis and saw yours. You told me a long time ago! K, I'm so excited for you guys! He's such a beautiful little baby boy! I love boys!!! I get to find out in 2 weeks what this little one is. K and that is so sad about his head! I hope all goes well!!