Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Understanding the Young Mind

Kynadi is always right on top of things. As I've said many times, she keeps me on my toes. About a month or so ago, while we were taking Linken to get his heart x-rayed at the hospital we were trying to find the way around. There were signs with different colored arrows showing which way to different departments (typical). Anyway, I was telling Kynadi we had to follow the purple arrows. So as we walked she would look for them and guided us to our destination. Well then the next week we had to go back to the hospital to get Link's EKG done. As we walked into the hospital Kynadi quickly asked, "Mom, can we follow the mouse again?" "HUH?" was all that went through my mind (as usual). But, she repeated it a few times and then it clicked (no pun intended)...the mouse as on the computer which is obviously symbolized with an arrow! I chuckled, and told her yes. It's crazy to think how the world has changed in technology even since I was her age...wasn't it a turtle we followed then?...what's with the animal theme?

1 comment:

Holly said...

I know how you feel-it seems like Ethan is always saying something that, at the moment makes absolutley no sense to me-until I realize what he's actually talking about.
Thanks again for the yummy dinner you brought, it was reallly good to see you guys!