Sunday, July 12, 2009

Brooklyn turned 2!!




July 6th was Brooklyn's birthday. She was pretty excited for it to come. When I asked who's birthday was coming up she'd point to herself and say "me", then follow with an excited "d.dd.dd..Dora". So we had to have a Dora birthday. Everything she got for her birthday was Dora, except for her bed. She got a hat, play-dough, a back-pack (that has to go EVERYWHERE with us), a ball, a coloring book, dishes, and then the bed with sheets.


John and I made her a trundle bed so she could start sharing a room with Kynadi and Linken can move out of the cradle into his own room. So far she has spent a lot of time still in the crib. Hopefully this will improve! I think the trundle turned out pretty good for two non-professionals. Although it may have caused Dad to have his heart attack, since he was out painting it with his spray gun I'm apparently too uneducated to use! (that's another story though) Also, I do have to say the Kreg joint is the best $100 I've ever spent on a tool. It made putting the trundle together sooooo easy. (I think I should get paid for advertising for them)





Anyway, her birthday was probably not too exciting. She got to wake up to all her Dora decorations (thanks to Elaine for giving them to us) which she really liked. But I made her wait until John got home to open her presents. He came home around 2:00 and so she finally got to open them and have cake--I forgot to buy ice cream; just less junk food for them to eat though. After all that we packed up and headed to UT. We were planning on going to UT on Tuesday anyway for the kids appointments, but since Dad had a heart attack on Sunday and had been life flighted to the U of U we went down that night. Not that we saw him that day though.

So that was our little Brookielyn's 2nd Birthday. What a girl. I love her to death. She is the funniest little thing to watch. She's so cute and full of energy. She is very independent and often likes to do her own thing rather than play with all the other kids--they usually just make her mad. :) She's beginning to be quite a mamma's girl, but I love it. She always wants to sit on me and wants me to come with her to accompany her in whatever she may be doing. Cute. Everyone always comments on her bright red hair. It just matches her personality perfectly. She can be a little fireball if she wants, but she is also so happy and sweet (if she wants to be). I love her lots and am sooo grateful she is mine forever and part of our family!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Brooklyn! Did you make the cake? It looks great! Hope your dad is doing ok.