Sunday, July 12, 2009

I still got IT!!!



This is just my post to brag about myself!!
A couple weeks ago I was entered in a tennis tournament put on by the tennis club here in town. I have to say first that it has been YEARS since I had played, but they were looking for more woman so I decided to do it. The night before I was a bit panicked about making a fool of myself so I made John go up to the courts with me and hit around for a bit.
Anyway, there were only 3 of us entered in the woman's singles, but as you can see from the pic I took first place. Not only did I take first place but I beat them pretty good. I think the first girl the score was 6-2, 6-0 and the second was 6-4, 6-1. Plus these girls were young (barely 20!) I turned 30 this year and have three Kids!! Needless to say, I was proud of myself even if there were only 3 of us. So if you don't like my bragging --- TOO BAD -- I don't have the right to do it very often! I learned I still have a big competitive gene in me...guess that never goes away. It was lots of fun, even if I was sore all over the next day.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Way to go Shannon! And I forgot to say that Brooklyn's bed is so cute, I can't believe you guys made that! You'll have to come build me some furniture:)