Sunday, May 17, 2009

All about my little Kynadi



I just wanted to write a post about my little Kynadi so when she's older she'll know how much I love her and get to know the cute little things about her at the ripe old age of three.

First I'll start by saying she just told me 3 + 3 = 6. Pretty good for her age I think. She's just a smart little kid. In fact a few weeks ago Kynadi was being evaluated for this pre-school next year. I will say that they mostly work with kids who have problems, whether it be physical, emotional, or intellectual, but anyone can have their child screened. The first screening she was given a couple months ago and she scored 99/100. The only question she missed was what her middle name was....she doesn't have one so she didn't answer. Anyway, so she was being given the "intellectual" part of the 2nd screening. They asked her to say her ABC's and she did it perfectly. The 2 ladies looked at each other impressed and said they had never had a 3 yr old say it perfectly. That one surprised me, but Kynadi kept impressing them. As they continued through the "test" they kept commenting on how they hadn't had any other child that age go as far into the test as Kynadi was going (they continue asking harder and harder questions as the child continues to get them right). My favorite was when they asked Kynadi why we wear clothes. Kynadi's response was so that we can keep our bodies modest. They were surprised by the response...I was proud. I don't know many three year olds that even use the word modest, much less know what it means. That may just be due to our world these days, but I can still be proud. Well, they finally just ended the test when Kynadi had reached the 6-7 yr old level. This just solidified to me, as a mother, what a smart little kid my Kynadi bean is. She just picks up on everything (not always good :) ) and loves to learn. I wish I had her memory too. She often has to help me remember where I put things, and she'll often talk to me about things that happened long ago, things I only remember because she brings them up.

Kynadi is also the best little helper. I oftentimes treat her as if she is much older, but she seems older than she is for some reason. She helps with Brooklyn and Linken all the time, whether it's getting diapers for me, helping Brooklyn get clothes and dressed, or just playing with Linken so I can shower, or get things done. The only thing she really complains about is when I tell her to clean her room...this often results in break downs and fits. She'll complain that Brooklyn did it or that it is too big of a mess. If we could jump this hurdle life would go pretty smoothly most days.

Kynadi is the sweetest little thing. She is always concerned about others and wants to help. You couldn't ask for a better big sister. She gets upset when there is contention in the house and always says, "hey! we had a plan, no more getting mad at each other". Just now she was leaning on me and I said, "don't do that Kyandi" and she corrected me, "you should have said, 'Please Kynadi don't do that". Definitely keeps me on my toes.

I thought this was a precious moment. A few weeks ago, Kynadi and I were talking as I was tucking her into bed. We had just read The Rescuers, where the little girl gets adopted at the end. She loves this story because the little girl gets a mom and dad. She was asking me about adoption and then somehow this turned into a HUGE discussion about death. She gets very worried about death. She told me that if we all die together than it will be ok because we will all go to Jesus together. Then at one point she told me, "I almost started to cry" and had a sad look on her face, but was fighting the tears. She actually did start to cry as she told me how sad it would be if Brooklyn died. I was crying but I was trying to teach her about life after death, and at the same time comfort her that we will hopefully not have to face the death of anyone in our family for a long time. I told her if she gets worried about dying she can just pray to Heavenly Father and ask him to allow us to live longer. Now EVERY prayer she includes, "help us to stay on the earth longer". So if I live for a long time it will be because of the faith of my three year old.

So that's just my post about my favorite 3yr old. I love her and am grateful to be her mom...she definitely teaches me a lot.


1 comment:

Grandma Texas said...

If Kynadi's ears ever turn red it is because her grandma Texas is bragging about her! That also holds true about Brooklyn and Linden!