Sunday, May 30, 2010

Easter...Finally posting


Easter this year was a bit different for us. We celebrated just as our little family. Usually we spend it with Grandma, Grandpa and Kelsey is here a lot too. This year I think my Mom was in Utah with Grandma Walker and Kelsey was with her Mom (go figure). So anyway, we still had Grandpa and he had just gotten back from his re-hab stay and was all excited about life. So we picked him up Saturday to go to the egg hunt at the convalesent center. We go there just in time to line up and spend two minutes scrounging for eggs. Then we were done. What excitement. I'm sure my dad was thrilled to have gotten all dressed and ready for that!
Anyway, I am not used to doing easter on my own and had forgotten that we didn't have easter baskets. I believe they're at my parents house somewhere. So we improvised and came up with these little hand-made baskets(in picture above), that worked just great. Plus I threw them away when we were done and I didn't have to worry about storage. Perfect. I felt a bit like Martha Stewart.

Well we did the traditionally painting of eggs, and of course the Easter Bunny came and hid everything in the morning. Since it was General Conference that weekend, we stayed in our PJ's and just had a relaxing Easter Sunday! It was nice.
These first pictures were taken before church the next Sunday...all dressed up in their Easter clothes.



I love this picture of John helping Linken with his jacket...I don't know why, it's just a cool picture to me.

What a little stud.


That Saturday night as the girls were getting their baskets out with the eggs in them, Linken learned how to climb on the cofee table. He was sure proud of himself. He also discovered when he stood up on it he could see out the window, which he thought was a good time.

No comments: