Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Kubaleks have left the building...

Well, after about a month and a half stay here in GR, the Kubaleks left today. The way Brynn drives me bonkers you'd think it wouldn't bother me so much (just a joke BRYNN), but I already have wondered what we'll do tomorrow. During the time she's been here we really did do a lot. We celebrated 5 birthdays, went skating, to the water park, story time weekly (which was usually followed by lunch at McD's), went to the circus, cheer camp, had a garage sale (thanks for all the help Brynn...sarcasim!), went to a Primary activity, Stadium of Fire, Flaming Gorge Days --this time for real thanks for all the help Mom and Brynn, a couple trips to the mall (Brynn many more!), bowling, had a talent show, and lots of chasing and feeding kids every day. Morgan and Joe were here for a week while she was here, and Mindy and Kelsey have visited while she's been here too-Kelsey twice I think.
John even made some comment last night about how we did something together EVERY day, and how he couldn't believe it. I told him, if it were him and his brother in charge of the kids each day they would too, but he told me he wouldn't do something with them EVERY day -- so Richard and Andrew, feel the love!
Anyway, it has been lots of fun, and I'm pretty sure we'll twiddle our thumbs tomorrow, not knowing what to do since we can't, "go to Grandma's and play with [our] cousins" as Kynadi would request we do every morning. Kelsey even left today so EVERYONE visiting will be gone. OH, I just saw the little picture of Landen, Brynn left for Kynadi and it makes me cry...I want him to jump on me and try to pull my pants down already :) Ok, I'm going to stop thinking about it now. Well, anyway we hope you make it back to England safe Kubaleks, we really do miss you already!
Oh, since I'm already on a sad note, I'm going to write about what Kynadi said to me before Brynn and them ever came to visit...just so I remember.
Well, I would tell Kynadi how Corbyn and Landen moved to England now and that it is far, far away. So one day we were on a walk and she suggested we take this path to get home. I told her that it wasn't the way home and that it would take us far from our home. And she simply asked, "so is that where Corbyn and Landen live?" So sweet, but unfortuneately I had to explain to her that they lived even further away than that. It was sad just the way she asked, almost in hopes that if we took that path we could make it to them.

No comments: