Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day


I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day, but once you have kids, things just change. So I decorated a little and had a little gift for each of the kids sitting out when they woke up. Kynadi loved it all. Brooklyn was just excited about the balloons, and Linken was obviously clueless.

During the day we went to the store and picked out a few things for secret admirer gifts. Kynadi got to choose three friends to give it to (Grandma and Grandpa were one of the choices--cute). Then that night we went to deliver them. We set the gifts on the step, rang the doorbell, and hid until her friends came to the door to find the surprise she left. She had sooo much fun. She was so cute. I wish we had it on camera, because words don't do justice to describe her hiding behind cars, and waiting to surprise her friends. I think it is a fun tradition we will continue.

Then while we were at Grandma's house later that night, someone rang the doorbell and left all the kids a secret admirer gift too (I'm sure you can't guess who did that). Anyway, it was cute and was a fun Valentine's day. John even surprised me by buying me a CD (which I really like-David Cook), but my favorite was that he hid it under a bunch of hearts he cut out and wrote on each one a different characteristic he loved about me. I thought it was sweet. So maybe I'll start to like the holiday after all.

1 comment:

Janalyn said...

Hey I recognize that table! The one we table-sat for you. I forgot all about that until I realized I recognized it- thanks again.