Sunday, March 8, 2009

Linken Update






Seriously, does it get much cuter?!?! I know I'm biased but I love to see Linken smile, you just can't help but smile when you see a baby grin, especially when it's your own. I love his little dimples, not sure where they came from, but I'll take them.

Linken is a great baby. I probably don't give him the attention I should all the time because he is so good. It's easy to just leave him alone while I do other things. We still bond all night though, so I guess that's mommy-son time (someday maybe we'll change the time of day for that).

Anyway, here's the latest news on his medical "issues". We have Linken scheduled for surgery on Wednesday, March 18th (coming too soon). We will have to be down in Utah on the 17th so we can meet with shields orthopedic and they can get everything in order for his helmet. He'll also, have to have lab work done that day in preparation for the surgery (I really don't know what they'll do, just know they'll be in contact with me to give me more details that day).

We were just down there this weekend for his x-rays and CT scan. It went much better than expected. The appointment for his CT-scan was scheduled for 9:00 on Friday morning. We (my mom went with the kids and I) got there around 8:30 and I started filling out paper work. I hadn't even finished before they called us back for his x-rays. They took two x-rays of his neck (they need these because of the position they have him in during surgery) then they took me over to the CT dept. to see if they were ready for us there. The lady said she had just finished setting everything up for Linken and to come on in. I was expecting Linken to be sedated, but she wanted to try it without sedation first. She wrapped him up tight in a blanket, secured him to the platform and let him suck his binki. Sure enough, he was completely still for the 5 min it took to scan him and we were done. No sedation or anything. It was 7 min to 9:00 when I went back to my mom and the girls to let them know we could go. It was great! I was nervous about the sedation, so I was so excited that it worked without, not to mention everything was done and it wasn't even time for my appointment yet. So if the surgery goes just as well, I will have nothing to worry about.

Morgan is flying out on Tuesday and she'll stay with the girls while John and I are in Utah with Linken during the surgery. Good luck Mor...you'll definitely have your hands full.

So everything is set, now I just want to get it over with and know that all is well. I'm grateful for all the prayers and concern shown by so many people, as well as all the help people have offered to give with the girls during this time. It is so nice to be surrounded by such good people.

8 comments:

Brynn said...

Holy COW!!! that was quit the catch up on the posts. I liked all the pictures. Linken looks a lot like john. That Yummy sign on your wall turned out well too. And to keep up with tradition "yawn" on the medical update. Oh that crap coming out of brooklyns ear was NASTY PASTY! WHAT IN THE WORLD made you think, "I know I will post this disgusting picture on my blog, I'm sure everyone will like to see it.." I honestly had to look away.
I liked how Kynadi is posing on the table for her party, that was cute. Do you do that same pose when John gets home?! just curious.

Anonymous said...

I am glad we got to see his first smiles when we were there for his blessing but, they are much bigger now1 Kynadi is a show off that is for sure. Brooklynn in her pig tails is adorable! Too bad there isn't a place to put the trash so the kids don't create their onw meals! We will keep Linkin in our prayers and on the prayer roll at the temple when it re-opens next week.

Mike and Quel said...

I love little baby smiles! So cute! And Kyandi looks AWESOME in his little suit! She is such a cute little girl!!!

Brynn said...

Shannnon, Corbyn and Landen LOVE these pictures of Linken. Corbyn immediatly started laughing and said that he looks like he is saying "GO" because of the way his arm is in the first picture. She is telling me that he is saying "go cougars go cougars!" "hey shannon do you want to go swimming in the computer? hahahah"

Holly said...

What a cutie! We'll be thinking of you next week, I'm sure everything will go well, if there is anything at all that we can do please let us know!

Janalyn said...

He is so adorable! I hope everything does go as well for his surgery as the CT. We will be praying for you guys and doctors.
Thanks for praying for Cicily, it sincerely means a lot and is one reason she's doing so well I'm sure.

Toni said...

He really does look like his dad. I am way seeing it in those pictures. So this comment is super late and he has alreay had his surgery. I hope everything went well and I hope he is recovering well! I know I told you I would give you that girl's blog who's baby had to have the same procedure, but I was looking through it and she didn't write anything on it at all!

Janalyn said...

I've been waiting and waiting to hear how surgery went. Hopefully not too horrible. Praying for the best for you all.